Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sun's j2ee tutorial deployment headache

Status
Not open for further replies.

sedj

Programmer
Aug 6, 2002
Hello,

Does anyone have an idea how to fix the below error (Caused by: java.rmi.RemoteException: null;) when deploying an .ear ? What is null ?!

I'm using sdkee1.4-beta on XP ....

Cheers

Ben

start: ConverterApp
Running...
java.rmi.ServerException: RemoteException occurred in server thread; nested exception is:
java.rmi.RemoteException: null; nested exception is:
javax.management.ReflectionException

at com.sun.corba.se.internal.iiop.ShutdownUtilDelegate.mapSystemException(ShutdownUtilDelegate.java:61)

at javax.rmi.CORBA.Util.mapSystemException(Util.java:65)

at org.omg.stub.com.sun.enterprise.tools.deployment.backend._JarInstaller_Stub.start(Unknown Source)

at com.sun.enterprise.deployapi.actions.ModuleStateAction.run(ModuleStateAction.java:58)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:536)

Caused by: java.rmi.RemoteException: null; nested exception is:
javax.management.ReflectionException

at com.sun.enterprise.tools.deployment.backend.JarInstallerImpl.start(JarInstallerImpl.java:1171)

at org.omg.stub.com.sun.enterprise.tools.deployment.backend._JarInstallerImpl_Tie._invoke(Unknown Source)

at com.sun.corba.se.internal.corba.ServerDelegate.dispatch(ServerDelegate.java:353)

at com.sun.corba.se.internal.iiop.ORB.process(ORB.java:252)

at com.sun.corba.se.internal.iiop.RequestProcessor.process(RequestProcessor.java:81)

at com.sun.corba.se.internal.orbutil.ThreadPool$PooledThread.run(ThreadPool.java:106)

Caused by: javax.management.ReflectionException

at com.sun.management.j2se.MOAgents.EmmaBeanUtil.invoke(EmmaBeanUtil.java:346)

at com.sun.enterprise.management.model.emma.J2EEApplicationMdlEmmaAgent.invoke(J2EEApplicationMdlEmmaAgent.java:406)

at com.sun.jdmk.DynamicMetaDataImpl.invoke(DynamicMetaDataImpl.java:334)

at com.sun.jdmk.MetaDataImpl.invoke(MetaDataImpl.java:496)

at com.sun.jdmk.DefaultMBeanAccessor.invoke(DefaultMBeanAccessor.java:528)

at com.sun.jdmk.MBeanServerImpl.invoke(MBeanServerImpl.java:579)

at com.sun.enterprise.management.agent.MEJBUtility.invoke(MEJBUtility.java:314)

at com.sun.enterprise.management.util.J2EEManagementObjectManager.startModule(J2EEManagementObjectManager.java:636)

at com.sun.enterprise.tools.deployment.backend.JarInstallerImpl.start(JarInstallerImpl.java:1161)

... 5 more

Hi sedj,

Could you please provide the link to the tutioral... so that I can see what going on.

Thanks

Hi,

the link is
That is the docs and also the examples.

The example I'm trying to build is the ConvertApp.ear.

Its the tutorial example for the ee 1.3 release, but I am building it with ee 1.4 sdk. Now, while this may sound insane, I've tryed building the 1.4 examples aswell and I cannot get them to work ... the examples provided with 1.3 tutorial work, and I can run them, but when trying to make my own using the deploytool, I get the errors. Thus it must be something I'm doing wrong, but I can't see where. Most frustrating !

Thanks for any help

Ben

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back