Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SunPCI3 'Your date appears to be set in the future'

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrTwig

Technical User
May 12, 2009
AU
I have a Sunblade 150 running Solaris 10 and which has a SunPCI3 card. I tried to run Windows XP on the card for the first time this year and got an error message to the effect that the date is set in the future. I discovered that it will run with the year set to 2009 but not with the year set to 2010. Is there any way to fix it so it will run with the proper date? I haven't checked the Sun website yet. Perhaps there is updated SunPCI software.

Hi MrTwig. This is referenced here:

It seems that Sun are working on it, but the thread also offers a couple of workarounds. Hope this helps. Incidentally, if you have further Sun issues, it is sometimes better to post in forum60 , which tends to see heavier traffic.

The internet - allowing those who don't know what they're talking about to have their say.

Thank you. I did find that forum and I did the hex edit as described and it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back