Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SunOS Patch for Sendmail 8.8.8 fails

Status
Not open for further replies.

1manedp

MIS
Sep 8, 1998
US
I have tried to upgrade our Netra mail server to Sendmail 8.8.8 via Sun's patch for SunOS 5.5.1/Solaris 2.5.1, and when applied, no e-mail is allowed through the server.&nbsp;&nbsp;I get a DNS-related error: &quot;config error: mail loops back to me (MX problem?)&quot;&nbsp;&nbsp;However, backing out the patch restores proper working order.<br><br>Complicating all of this is a an old copy of Interscan VirusWall which loads its version of sendmail, which I usually have to kill.<br><br>I'd like to know how to keep the InterScan piece from loading.&nbsp;&nbsp;If I can do that, I'd like to try the patch again.<br><br>Any advice would be appreciated.

1manedp,

Change to /etc and do a 'grep whateverd rc?.d/*' where whateverd is the name of the InterScan sendmail daemon. That should identify the script that starts the daemon. You should be able to simply rename the script or remove the executable permissions from it to prevent it loading.

But then, it may not be quite as simple as that.

Annihilannic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back