Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sunfire V245, after power outage

Status
Not open for further replies.

lamsf

Technical User
Jul 27, 2003
US
I hv a Sunfire V245 server and it is installed with Solaris 10.
I noticed that whenever there is a power outage, I hv to console to the SC (ALOM) and type poweron command to bring the server back up again.
Is this normal?
Is there anything I can do so that the server will be up automatically after a power outage? I plan to put the server in a remote place and will not have easy access to it.
Thanks a lot.

Try eeprom 'auto-boot?'. Is it set to true or false? If it's false that could be the explanation; set it to true using eeprom 'auto-boot?' true (if I recall the syntax correctly).

Annihilannic.

The eeprom 'auto-boot?' is already set to true...
Is there anything else I shld check?

Thanks...

Sorry, I didn't read the question properly... auto-boot? will make no difference if the server isn't actually powering-on.

I have little experience of V245 ALOM so can't help further.

Annihilannic.

my guess is you have to set the sc_powerstatememory variable within the SC to true, it is probably set to false, therfore, the system is not automatically restarting, as if it was set to true.

Thanks, djr111.
So, how do I check the sc_powerstatememory status, whether it is set to true or false?

going by limited notes I have, we no longer have our v245.

/usr/platform/$SYSTEM_PLATFORM$/sbin/scadm set sc_powerstatememory true

I believe this can be set in environmental variables at the OBP.

Burt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back