Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sun Ultra VGA Monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 1, 2002
GB
Hi,

I've got an ultra 5 and until now have been accessing it via a console cable or telnet. I've now got a sun keyboard (Type 6) and becuase i have several PC's I plugged one of my PC monitors along the the keyboard into the ultra 5 so i could use it like a workstation. However the machine will not boot with the keyboard and screen connected. I get no monitor output - the keybard LED's light up when i first boot and then go out. Pressing key e.g., num lock dosn't operate there LED and i get no output to my console with the keyboard and screen attached. I've tried 3 different screens and i get the same problem with all. With one screen i get nothing and the other 2 display nothing but click every few seconds as the do when the come out of power save mode.

Can anybody help me.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back