Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sun Ultra 40 M2 clicking sound in PSU

Status
Not open for further replies.

888abc

Technical User
Apr 21, 2011
CA
Need help, I unplugged a RAM module in my Sun Ultra 40 machine and when I tried to power it on it fails.

There is a clicking sound when the power cord is plugged to the PSU. Then there is a small blinking dot like yellow light in the motherboard and the label on the light says "PWR CR11". System would no longer power on apart from the clicking sound and blinking.

Is this a problem with the motherboard or PSU or is there something I can reset in the hardware to fix this problem?

Thanks a lot in advance for any help.

Do you get any beeps on startup? Usually a badly hurt system will try to communicate with beeps and lights.

Have you checked the support manuals for the Ultra 40? They should give troubleshooting tips that are specific to the 40. That should include beeps, keyboard flashes, and motherboard lights. Oracle should have that online.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back