Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sun-Ultra-1 to Sun-Array-of-disks connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

raviccie

Technical User
Aug 4, 2002
US
i recently got a Sun-array-of-disks (no number/model written on it) but the internal drives are supposed to be each 4Gig and i have a total of 5 drives filled in the 7-slot clase machine.

Now I also got some kind of UltraSCCI-Differential card that is supposed to go in the Sun-ultra-1 and connect these two boxes together....but i am having hard time getting in this card properly inserted in the sun-ultra cpu mahcine...
IS THEIR A PROPER WAY I AM SUPPOSED TO PUT IT..IS THERE ANY TRICK TO GET IN PROPERLY THERE... ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED

sun-ultra-1[ultra-scci-differential]---->sun-array-of-disks

so...........^(look at the above line)
this is the one giving me
a problem...fitting in there..

Q: also, does anybody know, if that card is really needed for the sun-ultra-1 to be connected to the sun-array-of-disks system. Which has some kind of scci-type connected at the back (although there is no label..or anything written anywhere...)

any more background info that you would require to get a better picutre of this i will respond asap!!!

please help!!!

*Ravi

success is not an end point..but the journey..so make every moment of the life happy and successful...by doing what you like to do..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back