Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SUN Classis and LX Disk Drives

Status
Not open for further replies.

corvette

Vendor
Nov 5, 1998
US
I was wondering what is the biggest capacity disk that you can use<br>
in a SUN Classic or LX system. Also, how do these mount into the system? Do they have a kit like the SPARC 5 and SPARC 20 or just use screws? Any help with this would be very much appreciated. Thank you.<br>
Rick

I personally have used 2.1 gig drives with no problem, you can use bigger from what I hear. If you add an entry to the /etc/format.dat file, you should be able to add almost any disk. Check sunhelp.com for more info. I haven't had the top off a Lunchbox chassis in awhile, but as far as I remember, there is no sled needed for mounting, but space is tight if you have a floppy drive, and height-wise it is very tight.<br>
Just remember to set the scsi ID to 3 or you'll have to change the boot device at the prom level...<br>
Hope this helped.

I've used a 9Gb with on problems and didn't have to edit anything. Just installed Solaris no problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back