Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sun Blades 1000

Status
Not open for further replies.

morpheusorpoy

Programmer
May 6, 2002
US
I have two brand new SunBlade 1000 Machines installed with Solaris 8 and the latest patches. My question is that the processor and disk's seem to be accessed even when I am not on the network, the perf meter is going crazy with the machines. Yet when I do my rendering on the machines they are not bogged down in the least???? Is this a know bug or is there some way of checking the system to ensure that I installed it correctly?

Thanks!

You can use top to see what the system is doing. (If you don't have top download from )
This will give good detail of processor and memory useage.
Solaris 8 includes a similar utility, but I can't remember its name offhand.

Solaris 8 includes a similar utility: sar

# man sar

You can also use the command "prstat", very "similar" with top, and is on Solaris 8.

Regards,

Carlos Almeida,

"prstat" That's the name I couldn't remember, thanks Carlos.

Used sar. It appeared to work pretty good by letting me know that nothing wason the system that should have been causing the processor spikes, so then I installed the latest patches to the systems and the issues has resolved. Maybe something to do with the applet that displays the system resources??? Thanks for the suggestions and help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back