Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sun Blade 1000 Video problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

artk1

Technical User
Mar 2, 2002
US
I have a problem: not getting any video output on my monitor after a re-boot. I have been able to attach a console and see the boot process but always wind up at an
{0} ok prompt whcih doesn't seem to allow normal commands. How can I get to a "normal" Solaris prompt and
more importantly how can I get display information to come out on my graphical monitor?

Type boot at the {ok} prompt to boot up the system.

If you want the system to boot up automatically in future, type setenv auto-boot? true (or is it =true, I can never remember, but you get the idea) at the {ok} prompt.

Annihilannic.

You need to look very carefully at the output on the console when you boot. The Sun Blade may not be passing POST (although if it is at the OK prompt, it sounds like you are passing POST).

If it POSTs successfully, type printenv at the OK prompt and look to see what value you have for output-device and input-device. You can google for an appropriate value for your video card and monitor. To set mine I used:

setenv output-device=screen:r1024x768x60
setenv input-device=keyboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back