Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sun Blade 1000 keyboard 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

pbxkid1

Technical User
May 29, 2005
US
Hello all, I have a Sun Blade 1000 that will not boot. It will power up, fans will spin, and lights on case will light up, and speaker will beep. The monitor will not display anything. It has the Sun type 6 USB keyboard but the pins on computer are bent. The keyboard is not making good connection, if I wiggle the keyboard connector the LEDs on the keyboard will flicker. Does this machine have to have the Sun keyboard to boot? Is there a way to use a normal, PC type keyboard on this machine? Thanks

Most likely by default, you need a keyboard for the boot process... You should have more than 1 USB port on the back of the workstation

No, you don't need a keyboard and mouse installed. Be Sure the keyboard/mouse isn't connected when trying the serial port.

Connect a terminal (vt100 or others) , pc running a terminal
emulation program (hyperterm or other).

The serial cable between the pc and serial port A:

PC (DB9) Serial port A (DB25)

2 TD 3
3 RD 2
5 Grd 7
If the Blade 1000 boots then you should see a login prompt.
Also if the Blade 1000 is connected to a network you can telnet inti the Balde 1000.

You could try a regular PC USB keyboard and see if any change.

I have the same problem on mine. I don't know since I bought it used if it has OpenBoot flashed in or not.
I will try see if it DHCPs, but how could it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back