Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sun and AIX

Status
Not open for further replies.

samworld

MIS
Nov 2, 2003
MY
Hi expert

Recently i encounter this problem where i can't install the Oracle 9i onto the Solaris 9 system. But after i did some changes under the /etc/system , the problem solve.

But when i check under AIX 5.2, this file doesn't not exist at all. If i plan to do installation or tuning for the AIX system where can i look for this /etc/system file.

Please guide
Thanks

Sincere
Sam

In my experience, AIX manages the things included in the Solaris /etc/system file (shared memory etc) automatically. Or at least, I've never had to tweak anything on an AIX system in the way I have with Solaris.

Hi Ken..

Thank you for the information. That the case it should be fine for me to install Oracle 9i wihtout have to change any setting..

Thanks

Regards
Sam

aix is very simple os to install oracle you will to change AIO "asynchron input output" you dont have to change the kernel value as solaris where you need to change thise value

Hi guys

Thank you for the information share with we. I think i need to find out more about AIX...

: )

SAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back