Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SUMPRODUCT or ARRAY Formula

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cordury2

Technical User
Jan 22, 2005
US
Is it possible to count the number of occurrences in between a date range if you have a unique identifier?

I can use the SumProduct function to sum the date but I want to count the # of times a 'Store Number' appears in my data dump.

Any help would be appreciated.

Or just I just try an IF statement?

Below if the formula I am using and it works (suming the date between the dates) but I want to count specific stores and dates, not just dates.

=SUMPRODUCT(('Top 50 Data'!$A$2:$A$205>=Sheet1!F6)*('Top 50 Data'!$A$2:$A$205<=Sheet1!E6),'Top 50 Data'!$N$2:$N$205)

Hi,

you're close...
[tt]
=SUMPRODUCT(('Top 50 Data'!$A$2:$A$205>=Sheet1!F6)*('Top 50 Data'!$A$2:$A$205<=Sheet1!E6)*('Top 50 Data'!$N$2:$N$205))
[/tt]
assuming that column A is dates and column N contains 'Store Number'.

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses] When a wee mystic is on the loose..
It's a Small Medium at Large! [tongue][/sub]

Thanks Skip. Column N had just had the number 1 in it. And the formula was summing the amount of occurrences in between the dates regardless of store number (and still is). When I enter in the corresponding store numbers in column N, I am getting some very large numbers.

The set up of the (data) spreadsheet is as follows:

Column A: Date, Column C: Store Number and Column N had the number "1" in it. The problem is the same store number can appear multiple times with different dates.

duh! sorry...
[tt]
=SUMPRODUCT(('Top 50 Data'!$A$2:$A$205>=Sheet1!F6)*('Top 50 Data'!$A$2:$A$205<=Sheet1!E6)*('Top 50 Data'!$N$2:$N$205=A1))
[/tt]
assuming that the store number value is in A1

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses] When a wee mystic is on the loose..
It's a Small Medium at Large! [tongue][/sub]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back