Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Summit48 Backup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 27, 2007
US
Greeting.
I have a Summit48 15000 switch,i didn't connect to the network yet,i just try to configure it through serial port using Hyper Terminal.there is only one VLAN (Default)
i need to make a backup for the configuration file.I tried the following command
1-download config (default VLAN ip address) (file name)
it give <ERROR: Check IP Address and VLAN configuration>
What is my mistake.
2-is there is specific setup i should do it first.
i tried to use the (receive ) option in the hyper terminal,it didn't work...
i'm new with switches,can any body help me...
thanks.

Typically what i"ll do is assign the default vlan and IP, patch a laptop or PC into it. The laptop/PC should have a TFTP server running on it, then use the 'upload configuration' cmd.

good luck

1-download config (default VLAN ip address) (file name)
it give <ERROR: Check IP Address and VLAN configuration>
What is my mistake.

The above command is used to downlaod a configuration file ".cfg" file into the switch. You say you want to take a back up of the existing config on the Switch or download a new configurationg on to the switch,

Make it clear???

The download or upload config commands are used via ethernet not hyperterminal. If your going to use hyperterminal to config the switch, you can type it out or copy an existing config and paste it. You may need to make edits either before or after you download the config so it won't conflict with other devices on your network.

I've not seen any supporting documentation that will allow you to download or upload a *.cfg only using a serial connection.

The configuration in the switch should be saved to a suitable storage by the command

upload configuration <TFTP server IP address> <file name>

is this what you are looking for.

Let me know thanks.

Neto....

And by the way, if the switch is clean, there is nothing to backup at the moment. You can issue unconfigure command at any time to get back to original state (factory default settings).
Regards,
Eizens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back