Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Summit switches as a syslog device

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrogerom

IS-IT--Management
Aug 16, 2007
MX
Hi, the company that I work for needs to be PCI compliant so we installed an event log analyzer software. So far I can collect all the logs from Win XP, Win 2003 server and cisco switches. I would like to know if I can get the logs from summit X-150-48t switches I have 7 of them. Also, what are the commands to use?
The software help says the following: "The default Host Types are Windows, Unix, Cisco Device and Syslog Device" it does not say Extreme but, Can it be asyslog device?
I appreciate your help.

The Extreme switches can be send their logs to a syslog server. On the X series switches that use XOS you'd use the following:

conf syslog add <ip address of syslog server> vr vr-default local0
enable syslog

This tells the switch to send all of it's syslog traffic using the default virtual router to the syslog server IP address you specified. Then just enable syslog.

If you also want to use syslog to capture all switch configuration changes made via syslog, just use this command:

enable cli-config-logging

HTH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back