Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

summary Tab in the file properties

Status
Not open for further replies.

zon123

IS-IT--Management
Oct 11, 2005
US
Hi,
One of our users would like to be able to right click on a Autocad file, select properties, select the summary tab and see all the values of properties in the orignin section.like author of the file, number, source. Right now the values are not there. Is there a setting in AutoCAd 2000 that we can change so that this value populate automatically in every file without hte user typing in the information??

Well I belive that you first have to create custom properties from autocad file menu:
File->Drawing Properties->Custom
when you add all that you wanna show, you can see these but not thru the summary tab but again Custom.

PraE72,
I input the values under the custom tab and the settings took effect on that particular file. I went ahead a creted new file and saved it. The values I had put on the custom file were not on the second file.
I would like this values to show on all files.
ANother question is: How would I find out who was the last user to modify or open an autocad file??

As per who was last on your dwg, you mite try TIME command.
You will get some more info about your dwg, like when it is created, last updated but can not find who?

I'll look into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back