Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Summary reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

BJWink

Programmer
Jun 12, 2002
US
Given the following simple organization of data in a table:
AGENCY PERIOD ENDING NUMBER SERVED NUMBER ACC
Agency X 31, Jan 02 23
Agency X 28, Feb 02 12
Agency y 31, Jan 02 42

Each table has about 50 numeric fields..
Each table is reported by month.

In order to generate a Year-to-Date report, I need to accumulate each field and sort by agency so that I can get a total for each field. Normally, I would just assign a group of global variables to collect data from each record, but I do not know how to do that in VBA...

I can be reached at bj.wink@mail.state.ky.us if my thoughts make no sense

This is fairly easy in a report I believe (if a report is your intention)...basically just create a report based on this table, then in the sorting and grouping you just group by Agency. Make sure that there's an Agency Footer and add a Sum([Fieldname]) into the footer for each field you need added up. I think you'll want to hide the Details section of this too, not sure though...actually I think 90% of this can be done using the report wizard. Hope that helps...hope I'm not totally off in my reading of this too.

Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back