Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Summary Report and Detail Report.

Status
Not open for further replies.

prgmrcr

Programmer
May 11, 2009
US
Hello Members,
I have a report that is based on grouping. The report is a drill down report. I just display the summary data on the report, but it has the ability to drill down to see the detail level. When i export this report to pdf or excel, I just only see the summary data but not the detail information behind the summary data. Is there any way in crystal to export the summary data along with detail data? But still the display should be only summary data not detail data. Detail data should appear only when you export the report.

Is it possible to do in crystal reports?

Thanks in Advance!!!!!!

If the recipient of your report has Crystal Viewer and you publish the report in a Crystal format, they will be able to drill down into your report. The view launches rather slowly, but once opened provides what you want to see. You can download the Viewer free from SAPs website.

The only way you could do this (if I'm following you), is to create a parameter for {?Export} and then use a conditional formula for suppression in the section expert for the detail section:

drilldowngrouplevel = 0 and
{?Export} = "No"

If the user planned to export, the detail section would show; if not, the details would be available when drilled on.

-LB

Thanks lbass. That worked amazingly. I really appreciate your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back