Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Summary Only - No Detail

Status
Not open for further replies.

JRandallC

Technical User
Sep 17, 2002
US
What is the easiest way to hide the details in an Impromptu Series 7 report, and show only the summaries in the footer, and still show the column titles for the summaries that are listed in the footer?
I have tried setting the height of the details rows to 0.00. Sometimes this works great, and other times I get highly unexpected results. Is there a quick way to do this that I'm over looking? Thanks in advance.

Randy

I've also tried hiding the detail columns, but if I hide all of the detail columns, it removes everything from the report, including the summaries in the footer.

Randy

Randy,

1) Set all of the footer areas to 'Snap to Parent'.
2) Select all of the detail rows by placing the cursor to the left of the first column, getting the 'sideways arrow' cursor and clicking.
3) Select Format | Hide from the Menu.
4) In the Page Header, select Insert | Other Objects | Column titles. Align the column headers to the bottom and left of the parent Page Header.

That should do it. Let me know if you have questions.

Regards,

Dave Griffin

The Decision Support Group
Reporting Consulting with Cognos BI Tools
"Magic with Data"
[pc2]

All of that works great up to number 4. When I click to insert Column Titles, then only place I am allowed to insert titles is in my footer. Anywhere I get a "NO" icon on my mouse. When I get a "GO" icon and click in the footer, the screen flashes, or refreshes, but I see no difference. I have tried resizing the footer to see if they show up in there, but they are not there. I even created a header and tried to insert them in the header, but I get the same results. Any clues? Thanks for your help.

Randy

In your list properties you have choices depending on what you want, you can enter your text column titles and be able to hide the details so that all you have left is titles in the headers, and details.
[cannon] CP

CP is referring to the properties for the Primary List Frame. Try turning on the column titles there and see if that works for you. I was steering you to the insert Object functionality which lets you put the column titles in other places. It is a new feature and may work a little screwy.

Regards,

Dave Griffin
The Decision Support Group
Reporting Consulting with Cognos BI Tools
"Magic with Data"
[pc2]

I did the thing in the list properties, and that did the job. All of this was helpful and educational. Thanks alot!!

Randy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back