Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Summary From Separate Database

Status
Not open for further replies.

gbenezra

IS-IT--Management
Dec 30, 2000
CA
Hello,

I have a layout in 1 database which I am doing a summary to get a total $$$ amount...works fine I understand that.
However within the same layout I would like to do another summary of the total $$$ which I am getting the fields from another database.
My question is how do I get the total $$$ from the other database to my original?

Thank You
GB

Make a relationship between the two files.

Make your summary based upon this relationship.

HTH

JW

Thank You very much Jean for your reply and sorry I did not get back to you sooner.
I am still a bit confused and I am sure I am overlooking something basic.
I have created the relationship between the 2 $$$$ fields but how do I make my summary based upon this relationship.

Any more help would be greatly appreciated
Thank You
GB

You have the relationship between the two files.

Make a summary field for the values you need.
When you define those values (in defind fields) and point to the fields (out of the field list - left side), you have the choise out of a drop down list, just above the field list. There you have the 'current file' or all the relationships into that file.
Make there your choise and you will see 'related fields' in the fieldlist.

HTH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back