Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Summary formula

Status
Not open for further replies.

JOOJOO00

Programmer
Feb 12, 2003
NL
Hi, I am using Info Desktop 7.5

The following occurs:

I made a formula to calculate the "Average Handle Time"
This is the formula:

NumberVar ISDN_Duration:= Sum ({Daily Agent.Incoming Call Duration}, {Daily Agent.Extension Number});
NumberVar INTER_Duration:= Sum ({Daily Agent.misc2}, {Daily Agent.Extension Number});
NumberVar ISDN_Calls:= Sum ({Daily Agent.Number of Incoming Calls}, {Daily Agent.Extension Number});
NumberVar INTER_Calls := Sum ({Daily Agent.misc1}, {Daily Agent.Extension Number});

if (ISDN_Calls+INTER_Calls)<>0 then
HrsMinsSecs((ISDN_Duration+INTER_Duration) / (ISDN_Calls))
else
HrsMinsSecs(0)

Now this works fine but I need to summarize the outcome of this. And there is where it is going wrong. It will not summarize.I tried the "Sum" option in the formula as well the summary option "Grand Total" but the report fails every time I schedule this.

It seems a new formula has to been made. But in a new formula I cannot summarize a formule which I do not understand.

Is there someone who can and is willing to help me out with this?

Many thanx in advance.

- Ronin71 - R>F>> SNAP!

What does report fails mean? It returns an error? Posting what errors return is probably the most important information you can share, and using technical terms.

In the group header or footer for {Daily Agent.Extension Number} create a formula such as:

NumberVar ISDN_Duration:= Sum ({Daily Agent.Incoming Call Duration}, {Daily Agent.Extension Number});
NumberVar INTER_Duration:= Sum ({Daily Agent.misc2}, {Daily Agent.Extension Number});
NumberVar ISDN_Calls:= Sum ({Daily Agent.Number of Incoming Calls}, {Daily Agent.Extension Number});
NumberVar INTER_Calls := Sum ({Daily Agent.misc1}, {Daily Agent.Extension Number});
numbervar currval:=
if (ISDN_Calls+INTER_Calls)<>0 then
HrsMinsSecs((ISDN_Duration+INTER_Duration) / (ISDN_Calls))
else
HrsMinsSecs(0);
numbervar TotalSum:= TotalSum+currval;
currval

Then in the report header use the following to display it:

whileprintingrecords;
numbervar TotalSum

-k

Hi Synapsevampire,

The errors I get returned is: "PEStartPrintJob : Not enough memory for operation." This is most of the time the error message.

After implementing your example (what seam logic and a good formula), checked the formula and were no errors found but after scheduling the report, I got the same error message.

It looks like the this formula wont summarize at all, it also appears not in the "Summary, Grand Totals or Subtotal" menu option.

Another question regarding to this topic. How do you mean by "Then in the report header use the following to display it:

whileprintingrecords;
numbervar TotalSum"

Does this mean creating a new formula for it?

- Ronin71 - R>F>> SNAP!

Please, need some help here

- Ronin71 - R>F>> SNAP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back