Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Summarizing report-would like one line per job# 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bufsabres

Technical User
Nov 27, 2003
CA
I am creating a one page weekly Production Summary Report with job# down the left and the days of the week broken down by three shifts across the top. I am quering the information into text boxes using the "IIf" function. I would like to have only one line per job on my report but end up with as many lines as there are records per job#, as each record has a quantity that matches one of the 21 text boxes. What should I use as a function to put one total per text box and have only one line without having 0 show up as a false return on my "IIf" statement?

Ex

Sunday Monday Tuesday
Job# A B C A B C A B C
A001 0 5 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
A001 0 0 0 4 0 0 0 0 0
A001 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 9

Would like to see

Sunday Monday Tuesday
Job# A B C A B C A B C
A001 0 5 0 4 0 0 0 0 9

Looking at the data and how you have stated that you wish the output to appear I would tell you to start by creating a select query that has the Job# and then your day fields.

Next, click on the sigma button when you are in the design of your query. (It's the button that looks like a stylized E)

For the Job# set the total line to be Group By for all the other fields set the total line to sum.

HTH,

Steve

Steve:

That works just fine. I guess I was not through filtering my data. One has to remember to query just the information needed for the report.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back