Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Summarization problem with grouping

Status
Not open for further replies.

ewarr

Technical User
Nov 25, 2008
US
I am building a report that summarizes sales by customer and product and then compares the sales summary (multiple invoices for the same product summed together) to a product level goal. Each customer has 1 goal for every product so I am bringing the goal field from Goal File and placing it in product group header 2.

Grouping:
Group 1 Customer Name
Group 2 Product

I have 2 files linked:

1. Sales Detail file
2. Goals by customer/product file

Files are linked by customer number and product number.

Goals are pulling correctly at the product level Group 2 but the (goal) summary at Footer 2 is summarizing all sales detail records thus inflating the true goal summary. For example, there may be 10 sales records for a single product for the same customer and Crystal is adding up all 10 records (goals) and inflating the goal by 10 times. Difficult to explain...this might better explain:

Customer A
Product 1 goal = 100

Sales Activity:
Customer A
4/1/10 Product 1 sales = 25
4/2/10 Product 1 sales = 15
4/3/10 Product 1 sales = 10
Total sales = 50

I need report to produce this:

Customer A Goal Sales
Product 1 100 50

Currently, the report looks like this:

Customer A Goal Sales
Product 1 300 50

Can you help? Thanks

Use a running total instead of summary.

You can evaluate RT as requried, ie evaulate goal sum only on change of customer.

Ian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back