Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Summaries hiding on page break

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkDraa

MIS
Aug 10, 2001
US
I know I'm using up my nickel's worth of questions, here... but I've found another problem. I have a report with a header. The body prints a line for all records in the found set. There is a trailing summary by employee (with the insert page-break checked), and a grand summary at the bottom. There is no footer.

The report prints landscape. When the number of records in the found set is exactly enough to fill a page (24 in my current design), neither the trailing summary or the grand summary prints (they don't show in print-preview either). If I change my found set to include just one more record (now 25), then the last line of the body spills over to the next page and the trailing summary and grand summary print just fine.

I have a feeling that the problem has to do with the printer driver (HP2200D, PCL6). I'll bet the summaries are there, just not visible because they are in the non-printable range or something like that.

I've tried all combinations of Expand & Reduce boundaries on each section of the report, but that doesn't impact the problem.

Any suggestions would be welcome.

TIA!

Mark

Just a follow-up on this problem. No real solution other than tinkering with minute adjustments in the height of the body section (difficult because there isn't an edit box in the properties dialog for the body section, you just have to drag it little by little with the mouse using large magnification). I also went to a smaller font for the fields in the body section, just to make sure the edges of the fields weren't close to touching the edge of the body field.

I also tinkered with the height of the header section, but I'm not sure that was vital. After an hour or trial-and-error, I found the combination that worked. This also eliminated the known problem of the last or first detail line on the page being cut in half vertically (so far, at least).

Thx,

Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back