Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

sum() should exclude the conditional records

Status
Not open for further replies.

karnd

Programmer
Feb 1, 2003
US
Hi,

I have a summation field that should exclude few record values.

the records are,when product names = 'apples' and 'oranges' then exclude in Gross Sum(totalamount).

So, Net Sum = Gross Sum({totalamount} - sum({total amount}, when Product Name='apples' and 'oranges' )

I am new to crystalXI. Please provide me the solution.

Appreciates.

Hi,
One way:
Create a formula like this:
If {Product-Name} IN ['apples','oranges'] then 1 else 0

Place this in the same section ( probably detail) and suppress its display...Create a SUM of this formula and then use that summary to create your NET SUM formula like you described.

If, however, you only want a NET SUM ( that is all but apples and oranges) and do not need the gross one, then reverse the formula :

If {Product-Name} IN ['apples','oranges'] then 0 else 1

and use a SUM of this to show the Net Sum

[profile]

To Paraphrase:"The Help you get is proportional to the Help you give.."

If you are dealing with amounts or quantities, then you could adjust Turkbear's suggestion to:

If not({Product-Name} IN ['apples','oranges']) then {table.amt}

When you insert a sum on this, you would get the total amount for all products except apples and oranges.

-LB

Hi,

thanks for your quick response.

But i am using an existing summarised field and wanted to apply the above condition.

so per say, if total sum (Amount) = $1000 when group by on Product Name field.And, it also excluded the amount that is because of Product Name in (Apples,Oranges) which comes to $300. So i wanted to exclude this amount from total $1000.So the results should show as $700.
Please help me.
Thanks

sorry, i posted the thread after i have not seen lbass. let me try using your suggession.
thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back