Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sum Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kmccormic

Technical User
Feb 13, 2009
US
Good Afternoon:

I am running into a duplicate row appearing. I need to sum the values of that record without including the duplicate items. I can't use "suppress if duplicated" for the fields (choosing that option for just 1 field doesn't work) because that will suppress other, legitimate records, such as the "5" values below, but when I do a sum, I don't want the 2nd 3:45PM value included. I need it to add up to 22, instead of 23. I haven't been able to create a formula that will reference a prior entry for the same field and then suppress the entry. Any ideas for a formula that will work in this scenario?

Sample data:
Date/Time Stamp CDN Calls Offered
11/23/09 3:00PM Service 5
11/23/09 3:15PM Service 5
11/23/09 3:30PM Service 9
11/23/09 3:45PM Service 1
11/23/09 3:45PM Service 1
11/23/09 4:00PM Service 2

Regards,
Kara

Insert a running total that sums the calls, evaluates on change of field: {table.datetime}, resets never if at the report level, or on change of group, if at the group level.Be sure to place the results in the group or report footer section.

-LB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back