Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sum of text boxes, that are sums of other boxes. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

krolrules

MIS
Jun 6, 2003
US
Greetings! My first post to this site, so let's see how it goes!!

I have made a report in access that does some math, but having an issue running a sum of a column that math is in. Here is the scoop.....

I have a text box labled txtQTY, (keeps track of total number of parts used), and another text box named txtPrice (Price of that part). I made a column that displays the total price amount (txtTotalToDate), with the following math

=[txtQTY]*[txtPrice]

That works fine, but now here comes the porblem....I want to make a text box in the footer to display the total of all items (which is the total price of all txtTotalToDate boxes). So i made a txt box in the footer called txtAll and I did this...

=Sum([txtTotalToDate])

...but when I run the report, I get a message box that says "Enter Parameter value. txtTotalToDate." After hitting OK, my txtAll box displays nothing.

Any suggestions?

Welcome!!

You can't perform an aggregate function on a calculated control, you have to re-calculate it. So, change the footer control to something like this:
Code:
=Sum([txtQTY]*[txtPrice])

Thank you sir, that helped!!

Not much of a Access person or a programmer myself, just mostly a hardware geek.

Danka!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back