Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sum of Rows and Columns

Status
Not open for further replies.

pob327

Technical User
Jul 19, 2007
US
Good morning,

I have a simple request, but cannot find a solution. I need to obtain the Sum of a Column and display this below the Header (dark grey box) and obtain the Sum of a row and display this to the right of the rowHeader(light grey box). I have attached a graphic to show my report structure. The formula '=Sum(If([Sales].[test score]>79.98;1))' gives the number of people who have passed a given course assessment. One last thing which may be relevant is that I have filtered [Sales].[course name] so that only around 8 out of a possible 30 are displayed.

TekTipsRequestBO.bmp

Can anybody help me here? I suspect that the solution is simple, but as always, it is only simple when someone tells you how! I am relatively new to BO as you may guess.

Phil

Is this Crystal Enterprise or Crystal Reports? And have you looked at Crosstabs? (You should find them under Insert).

[yinyang] Madawc Williams (East Anglia, UK). Using Windows XP & Crystal 10 [yinyang]

Hi Madawc, I use Business Objects Enterprise XI (Release 2, or R2).

I've been browsing the forums (this one and the formulas one) to get some help and I have to say I'm finding it very confusing. I don't seem to be able to do the stuff other people mention. For one thing people use {} and not square brackets. Is that because of TGML?
Also, there is a lot of mention of right-clicking>insert and selecting stuff. The only options I have on a right-click>insert are Column before/after and Row above/below.

Am I in totally the wrong place or is there some secret I need to know about?

Somewhat desperate now

Phil

Sorry, I only have Crystal Reports, version 10. Does anyone else know?

[yinyang] Madawc Williams (East Anglia, UK). Using Windows XP & Crystal 10 [yinyang]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back