Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sum of Column/Row

Status
Not open for further replies.

pob327

Technical User
Jul 19, 2007
US
Good morning,

I have a simple request, but cannot find a solution. I need to obtain the Sum of a Column and display this below the Header (dark grey box) and obtain the Sum of a row and display this to the right of the rowHeader(light grey box). I have attached a graphic to show my report structure. The formula '=Sum(If([Sales].[test score]>79.98;1))' gives the number of people who have passed a given course assessment. One last thing which may be relevant is that I have filtered [Sales].[course name] so that only around 8 out of a possible 30 are displayed.

TekTipsRequestBO.bmp

Can anybody help me here? I suspect that the solution is simple, but as always, it is only simple when someone tells you how! I am relatively new to BO as you may guess.

Phil

Use crosstab,you will get the row totals and column totals.

Are you using Crystal Reports? What version? I can't see your graphic. It would be better to show sample data directly in the thread.

-LB

Hi all, I am trying unsuccesssfully to create a formula to sum the average of a field. I have created a worker productivity report which is based on services provided to our clients. One of the services wew provide is group counseling. In a group there may be 10 clients and the total time for the service is 180 minutes or 3 hrs. The details section shows 180 minutes for each client, but the worker productivity is 3 hours. The report is grouped by worker, service code, start date, and total time. I created this formula for the group service:

If {SERVICECODES.SERVICECODE} = "Group" then
Average ({ACTIVITIES.TOTALTIME},{ACTIVITIES.TOTALTIME})/60.
It returns this:
Date start end no.Clients totaltime prod
3-1-08 9am 11am 10 1200 2hrs
3-2-08 1pm 4pm 5 900 3hrs

So for each group service i get the average or the actual productivity for the worker, but I can't get a sum of the average. How do I sum the results for productivity. Thanks

talibm--Please start a new thread. This has nothing to do with the current thread.

-LB

Hi lbass,

I use Business Objects Enterprise XI (Release 2, or R2). Sorry about the graphic, Ican't see it either today, but it was there yesterday...weird.
This is what I had. I was using a crossTab;
GroupName
CourseName =Sum(If([Sales].[test score]>79.98;1))
--> Total <--

The formula gives me the number of people in that Group who have passed that Course. I would like to obtain the column total for each group. This works fine if you have a measure (purple sphere...I think they're measures aren't they?) in the crossTab as you can use the Auto-Sum system. But this isn't available with a formula. Surely it must be possible?

Phil

But what is your Reporting application? BOE is for report distribution. This doesn't look like Crystal Reports syntax to me.

-LB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back