Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sum information into a cursor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bebbo

Programmer
Dec 5, 2000
GB
The code below works like a treat. Table Cardt and Postr stores history records of clients. These clients are represented by a card number, stored in a table called "card". Problem I have the history could be in too other tables Cardtran and Postranh how would I gather this information in the same statement. I know I could run something similar to below using the different tables then combine the two results. However can I check cardt, postr, cardtran, and postanh all together????

Note, card numbers in "card" are unique. These represent a client and are use in cardt and cardtran. Cardt fileds are the same as cardtran and postr fields are the same as postranh, just different date ranges.

SELECT cardt.cardnum, ;
SUM(IIF(cardt.amount>0,cardt.amount,0.00)) as Credit , ;
SUM(IIF(cardt.amount<0,cardt.amount,0.00)*-1) as Debit ;
INTO cursor tmpAMOUNT ;
FROM Cardt, Postr ;
WHERE PADL(cardt.POSID, 2,'0')+PADL(cardt.postran,2,'0');
= PADL(POSTR.POSID, 2, '0') + PADL(POSTR.TRANS, 10,'0') ;
AND POSTR.DATE >= FromDate ;
AND POSTR.DATE <= ToDate ;
AND POSTR.STATUS = 0 ;
GROUP BY cardt.cardnum

Thanks!!!

It is not possible in VFP. This is because when you add another table to the query, and that table will have more than one record for each record in the current query, sum will be incorrect just because values for sum will be get twise or more times for a single record, and as a result sum will be much greater. The solution with 2 temporary cursors joined later into a single one is good. Vlad Grynchyshyn, MVP
vgryn@softserve.lviv.ua
The professional level of programmer could be determined by level of stupidity of his/her bugs

Thanks, I thought that may be the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back