Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sum in Report 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

gscma1

Technical User
Jun 27, 2006
GB
I HAVE REPORT WHICH PRINTS OFF THE DETAILS OF EACH EMPLOYEES GROSS WAGES PER WEEK BY THE AMOUNT OF HOURS THEY WORKED AT EACH INDIVIDUAL JOB: I.E.

JOE BLOGGS
WK 1 £100 JOB 1
WK 1 £90 JOB 2
WK 2 £330 JOB 1
ETC...

IS IT POSSIBLE TO HAVE FORMULA WORK OUT THE TOTAL WAGES FOR A SPECIFIC WEEK I.E.

JOE BLOGGS
WK 1 £100 JOB 1
WK 1 £90 JOB 2
WK 1 TOTAL £190
ETC...

MANY THANKS ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED

Add a Grouping for the Week number, showing the Group Footer section, and add your sum to the Group Footer section.

What do you mean by add your sum to the group footer?

I did a =sum(CntSessions) where sessions are an int that are summed in the query for the report.

When I look at the report, I see the last value in the details displayed in the control instead of the sum of all of them.

This seems much harder then I have seen in Crystal, or VFP.

What am I missing?

TIA

What rj meant is open the form in design and select SORTING AND GROUPING from VIEW; using the drop down arrow under Field/Expression select Week field name and under group properties - Keep Together should be YES. Group header and footer should be YEs; and in the footer use the standard total text box =Sum([fieldname]). This should see you thru. Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back