Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sum in Form Footer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prog76

Programmer
Oct 2, 2003
US
I am trying to sum an unbound control in a continuous form in the form footer and I keep getting #Error. What am I doing wrong?

Are you aware that an unbound control in a continuous form has the SAME value for ALL records ?
What am I doing wrong?
What are you doing ?

Hope This Helps, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ222-2244

Actually in this case it doesn't because I am calculating a value for each record in that control depending on other controls for that record. Can someone please let me know if they have ever tried to do this?

Post the calculation that you're currently trying to use. Then we can look through it. Also, make sure that your control names and field names are all different (or SSN matches the SSN field and no other control is named SSN).

If you copy/paste a lot of controls, you'll tend to get controls with the same name. Trying to calculate on them will cause an error (it doesn't know which control to use).

It always seems a little hit and miss to me.

It's normally as simple as =sum([fieldname]), but I've often found it doesn't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back