Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sum function produces # error in Access 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

superspeed

Programmer
May 2, 2001
US
I have a form and a subform. The subform is populated by a query with a one to many relationship (item group and components). In the footing I have sum functions that always produces errors. I heve used the function before without problems.

Just as a simple example, I want to tatal all quantites (not a derived function, but a field in the query and on the detail elvel of the sub form).

TIA,

Jan

ok Superspeed,
I think the problem comes from the fact you're using the footer to dislay a calculated total. I have had this problem before and the solution suggested to me was :-

do the calculation in a hidden text box, in the Body of the form. Then link the text box (or label)in the footer to the value of the hidden text box on the form's body.

Steady ...

Solo7: I get the same problem with your solution. I think it has to do with using a one-to many Query.

TY, anyway

SOlo7:

My query is a one to may with all records from the left side included, even if there are no right side records. This always produces and error.

However, if I have a sheet for caluclations that has only right side records, the calculation works. Now, all I have to do is to get refreshes to work for the whole form.

thanks for your help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back