Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sum a Formula used in a Group

Status
Not open for further replies.

donnarenia

Technical User
May 28, 2010
US
I'm working on a salesperson commission report. I have details about invoices, commission amount by salesperson and commission amount earned by salesperson. There are two groups - {CLNTCUS.~Custom3} is group 1 (represent Salesperson1) and {CLNTCUS.~Custom21}is group 2 (represent Salesperson2). On some invoices the salespersons share the commission for one invoice. In my details-A I have the commission rate for Salesperson 1 and the commission amount earned. In my details-B I have the same details but for Salesperson2

The report is generating the results I need at this point. When I attempt to summarize the Commission Amount which is a formula:
{AR.FinalBillAmt}* {CLNTCUS.~Custom20} for GH1 that result is repreated in my GH2 for the shared invoices. Is there a way I can restrict the commission amount total to only GH1?

TRy using a Running Total and in the evaluate use a formula to restrict to Sales person 1

Ian

Thanks for your reply..exactly how do I write a formula to restrict to Salesperson 1 in a running total?

What ever rules you have applied to create group1 {CLNTCUS.~Custom3}

In the evaluate formula, it might be something like

not(isnull({CLNTCUS.~Custom3}))

Distinct count will then only evaluate if that condition is true. But I am guessing as to what defines Salesperson1

Ian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back