Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Suggestions on this issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 9, 2007
US
Please come with suggestions:

I have been given a task to build an admin console to the legal web site of my company’s intranet. So far the site is build with Javascript as the server side scripting language.

Please come back with suggestions and ways of how to accomplish this:

1. I have an admin page which takes the username and password and logs in the Admin personnel.

My main issue is to allow a way for the admins to give access to certain documents to certain people. They want a way to grant access to certain legal documents to certain people. They also want to control the number of days to give access to that document therafter the access is revoked. Once the access is setup, then email is sent to person who needs access to those restrictd documents. Now how would the person who views the document come back to this site and view the legal documents that he/she wanted to see?

What kind of setup can I build to get this functionaility?

Do I go in the way of tables? I was thinking of Integrated Windows /Basic Authentication for employees who need access to restricted documents. How do I tie the integration to the documents allowed for the viewing?

Any ideas or suggestions are welcome.

Thanks.

I assume you're using ASP with server side JScript. This forum deals mainly with client side javascript coding issues. You will likely want to post your question in the ASP forum: forum333

-kaht

Looking for a puppy? [small](Silky Terriers are hypoallergenic dogs that make great indoor pets due to their lack of shedding and small size)[/small]
uncle_rico_thumb.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back