Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Suggestions on logo design software? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

straybullet

IS-IT--Management
Jun 5, 2003
US
Does anyone have suggestions for logo design software selection? Particularly, for designing logos suitable for online use and on marketing materials.

Let them hate - so long as they fear... Lucius Accius

Adobe Illustrator

<honk>*:O)</honk>

Tyres: Mine's a pint of the black stuff.
Mike: You can't drink a pint of Bovril.

...or PhotoShop...or any other graphics programs. Software doesn't create logos, people do. If you have someone that's good with graphics and is creative, they can create you a logo with anything, even a pencil and piece of paper.

If you're looking for a pre-made, ready to go, automated type of logo design, I would suggest something like one of the following sites.

If you want a logo custom designed by a professional, I would suggest Design Outpost. I've used them on several occasions and have always been happy with their work. Excellent quality at an excellent price.

Hope This Helps!

ECAR
ECAR Technologies

"My work is a game, a very serious game." - M.C. Escher

Great links, ECAR.

Greg
"Personally, I am always ready to learn, although I do not always like being taught." - Winston Churchill

Nice one Chris! I've never heard of InkScape, do you use it?

Hope This Helps!

ECAR
ECAR Technologies

"My work is a game, a very serious game." - M.C. Escher

I do, and I've not upgraded Illustrator since ver10.

Takes a little getting used to after the standard adobe look & feel, but a bit of practice and playing time and you'll be off and running.

Chris.

Indifference will be the downfall of mankind, but who cares?
Woo Hoo! the cobblers kids get new shoes.
People Counting Systems

So long, and thanks for all the fish.

Thank you all!

Let them hate - so long as they fear... Lucius Accius

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back