Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Suggestions on an SBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

nixnewbie

IS-IT--Management
Dec 17, 2013
US
We have a single SIP provider one our IP Office 500V2 running 8.1. Our connection to them is publicly routable and while we have not been hacked, we are probed constantly. So, I began looking into an SBC. The VAR that set up our system originally wants $9-$12K to install either an Avaya SBC or a Mediant 500. Price of the equipment is $2k-$3k + some licensing/support and then they want $4k-$6k to configure the stupid thing for 1 SIP provider. It seems outrageous to me. Does anyone have any recommendations on alternatives or input into how feasible doing it myself would be? I do network administration but have limited experience in advanced topics though I do have some experienced network admins that I reach out to when I get stuck.

Stephen

Sounds a bit expensive for a single Trunk.
I'd say you would get properly secured with a firewall budget of less than $3,000 (incl programming).

Kind regards

Gunnar

2cnvimggcac8ua2fg.jpg

I'd look at the PATTON range. They do a range to suit many sizes of business, fromm 300GBP to 16000GBP (you can manage the gbp to USD conversion)

I think your VAR is overpriced

Take Care

Matt
I have always wished that my computer would be as easy to use as my telephone.
My wish has come true. I no longer know how to use my telephone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back