Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Suggestions needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lhuffst

Programmer
Jun 23, 2003
US
I have a text document that prints labels from a mainframe on a continuous label. Need to reconfigure it to print on a laser printer and need suggestions as to the best method to accomplish this task.

On the mainframe, the file is run automatically and the users/computer operators want this to continue.

I can get the label on an avery 5161 but not sure which package to run this through which is why I'm asking for suggestions.

The text document from the mainframe looks like:

Joe Smoe Account Number
c/0 Joe Smoe 111111111
add 1 service address
city, state, zip 1111 woodhaven road

Account Number
sally smith 222222222
add 1 service address
city, state, zip 2222 woodhaven road

etc.
[/color blue]

If I import it into access I have to use subreports so that the labels line up correctly AND would have to have a dedicated pc to use the program.

If I use word, then I can import it without problems but have to mess around with the top margin. I can get the top half of the label to print properly but about 1/2 down, the label on the right seems to shift up a bit which throws off the remaing right side labels.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks
Lhuffst

If I import it into access I have to use subreports

Why? The label wizard does all the work for you.

Illegitimi non carborundum.

This was being imported into Access 2003 and because the way the mainframe was formatting the document, we could not get the wizard to work properly. Since this post (last week), they have decided to go with an entirely different method so I no longer have to work out any issues on this. Thanks for all the help/suggestions everyone.
Lhuffst

Status
Not open for further replies.