Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Suggestions for Vodavi Voicemail for the 1428 System

Status
Not open for further replies.

phavic

IS-IT--Management
Mar 27, 2017
US
I was fortunate enough to inherit a working Vodavi 1428 phone system when I started my job. My task was to replace a computer based voicemail software we currently have with something that can handle multiple simultaneous voicemails. I've tried implementing Vodavi's digital Dispatch Voicemail with no success. According to the company selling the used unit, the Dispatch was tested and said to be working. The voicemail unit would not answer and based on the boot up diagnostics, it was due to a CMOS failure. We changed out the battery and looked at every possible thing to check, but was never able to get it working. We received a replacement unit that basically behaved the same way. Management does not want to replacement the phone system nor do they want to move to the cloud or any other off-site options.

What are some suggestions I can do to get voicemail for my old Vodavi 1428 system?

Vodavi 1428 with Expansion Module
Digital system
7 CO lines
Currently using EZVoice 3.3 for Voicemail on an analog line.

If I remember correctly, the Digital Dispatch did not work with the 1428. The Digital Disptach came out years after the 1428.

You could try the analog Dispatch, but I really wouldn't bother. The phone system is a quarter of a century old, it's past time for it to be retired.

Jacksonville Florida Telephone Systems

The manual for the Digital Dispatch claimed it was compatible with all Vodavi systems as well as most other systems. I'm learning that the statement is a little exaggerated. That does not take away that I need to integrate a voicemail system. I've looked at the Vodavi Mini Voice but found out it was a total analog system that won't integrate at all with what we have. I could not find a software that would allow for multiple modems or a telephony card. Does anyone know what my options are for the 1428?

If the 1428 has voicemail integration features, you should have success with any analog voicemail that supports in-band integration. Like nfcphoneman says, you're investing in a very old system - but so long as your eyes are open, and you're comfortable modifying the get/put tables, it should be fine.

Mike Forrence

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back