Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Suggestions for Reporting via URL without including attachment 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrugsMcGruff

Technical User
Jan 6, 2004
CA
G'day Everyone,

Does anyone have any CE 8.5 AIX experience scheduling reports to be delivered via URL without including the email attachment? I've read the "URL Commands for the Web Component Server" document from Crystal Decisions but it does not mention removing the attachment. We are trying to alleviate the load put on our email diskspace.

Thanks for you help
Dolanator

I'd rather hear from someone with deeper CE experience, but I've hacked up a fix to CE9 Win2000.

When reports are emailed in Crystal Report format, the .rpt file is attached by default: not good, because most recipients will not have the CR designer to open the attachment. In other formats, the URL is also useless. So my customized ePortfolio code sends CR-format reports by URL only, and non-CR format by attachment only.

Here's the code, from about line 3950 of schedule.csp:

// SCHEDULE THE COLLECTION
try
{
// Match email Destination to Format selection // Added 12/09/2003 MJD
if ( schdinfo.Destination.Name == 'CrystalEnterprise.Smtp' )
{
var destPi = GetSession("GlobalDestination");
var destobj = GetSession("ScheduleDestination");
var msgBody = GetSession("eMailMessage");
var fmtType = rpi.ReportFormatOptions.Format;
if ( fmtType == 0 ){ // CR format (.rpt): Mail a viewer hyperlink, no attachment
destPi.ScheduleOptions.Message = msgBody + vbCRLF + vbCRLF + "%SI_VIEWER_URL%";
destPi.ScheduleOptions.EnableAttachments = false;}
else { // All other formats: Mail a file attachment, no hyperlink
destPi.ScheduleOptions.Message = msgBody + " ";
destPi.ScheduleOptions.EnableAttachments = true;}
destobj.SetFromPlugin(destPi);
} // end of added code 12/09/2003 MJD

There's some other code that sets the values of my added Session variables, but I'll see if this is enough (or useful) before digging it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back