Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

suggestions for building HA cluster?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rickrude11

IS-IT--Management
Jul 15, 2007
NZ
Hey there

I have just 4 ubuntu linux servers that are running on ESXi - postfix, mysql, web, ldap - which I would like to replicate to another site.

I have a second site that I have bridged, so IP addressing can remain the same for simplicity.

Ideally, I would like to replicate the Virtual machines at a block level. I know this is impossible on ESXi, but I am willing to change platforms (virtualbox?)

I had a similar set up years ago using heartbeat and drdb on a centos box with vmware server. It worked well for the most part, I was able to shut one down and the other would just take over, but I was wanting to see what other options were around these days.

Any ideas or criticisms welcome. Second option is to to traditional replication with dodgy rsync scripts.

cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back