Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Suddenly all new procs create as System instead of User

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moebius01

Programmer
Oct 27, 2000
US
I'm trying to track something down, but I'm not sure where to look. Basically, starting yesterday, any time I create a stored proc on any db on the server, it gets created as System instead of User.

I've tried creating from QA and EM with the same result. Additionally, while QA will accept the Drop command, EM will not accept a Delete command from the list.

Is there a setting inside the db or server somewhere that might trigger this?

After some further investigation, I noticed that any new procs show up with a status of -536870912 in the sysobjects table.

It appears all the system procs have a negative value there and user have positivie. Unfortunately, I still have no idea why they're happening that way. I can switch the db server to allow ad-hoc changes to fix it, but I'd like to find the source too.

That is very strange. The only way things are supose to be marked as a system proc is by running a stored procedure which flips the status column. Are you running any strange trace flags? Try restarting SQL Server to clear out any funky settings. Was anyone doing anything strange when this happened?

Denny
MCSA (2003) / MCDBA (SQL 2000)
MCTS (SQL 2005 / Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services 3.0: Configuration / Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007: Configuration)
MCITP Database Administrator (SQL 2005) / Database Developer (SQL 2005)

My Blog

As far as we can tell, no strange happenings and nobody running any traces.

To make matters more baffling, the problem seems to have resolved itself as scripts I'm creating today are showing up as User.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back