Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sudden performace degradation

Status
Not open for further replies.

RDRaider

MIS
Nov 5, 2009
US
Hi all,
I have some Crystal XI reports on a SQL 2000 database that have recently had a big drop in performance.
Database Type: OLE DB (ADO)
Provider: SQLOLEDB

The report have not been modified in about 8 months. It used to take about 30 seconds when run from an XP workstatation, now it takes about 2 minutes.

The SQL query generated by Crystal does not seem to be the problem, it returns results quickly when run in SQL Query Analyzer.

Anybody know of any recent Microsoft updates that would degrade Crystal? Possible Crystal DLL conflicts?

Hi,
What changes to the workstation prior to noticing slowdown?
Is there sufficient TEMP space?
How many rows of data are returned?

Is there additional data processing within the report after the rows are returned?

[profile]

To Paraphrase:"The Help you get is proportional to the Help you give.."

I'm coming into this 3rd hand so not sure exactly what may have changed on the workstation. I was thinking it could be related to some recent Windows auto-updates.

All SQL stuff looks OK.

This is actually a quote form so the data returned is very small (1 header recod plus X line records). Usually no more than 10 lines. There are sub-reports but all the queries generated by the report and sub-report only take a second to return data.

There are some formatting formulas. There is also a bitmap logo image but the rpt file has not changed in 8 months.

Open the report in Crystal designer. For each subreport, turn OFF the option to re-import the subreport.

hth,
- Ido

view, email, export, burst, distribute, and schedule Crystal Reports.

There are some sub-reports that have the Re-import option checked AND grayed out, so I can't uncheck. Any idea why?

Unchecking the Re-import option on the other sub-reports has resulted in it opening a bit faster in developer. Still pretty slow when running though. Again, the report had not been modified for 8 months and suddenly got slower. Still looking toward something network or Crystal DLL related but coming up empty.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back