Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Successor to MS Forefront product line?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 22, 2001
US
I've got a multisite small business (rapidly expanding) looking for solid file services. They're running MS AD with domain controllers at each office site, so DFS is the obvious solution for traditional internal filesharing. The catch is that they have offsite salesmen and the occasional remote user, and I was looking for something smoother than issuing PPTP logins and trusting them to keep their files on the file shares. Forefront appeared to have a solution here, but MS isn't selling it any more and it will be off mainstream support in 2015.

Does anyone have any suggestions or recommendations, in light of MS' discontinuation of Forefront? Microsoft's sky-drive doesn't appear particularly compatible with AD or anything more than personal filesharing, and I haven't seen any non-MS product that does any better.

CompTIA: A+ (WfW 3.11), Network+
Microsoft: MCSE+I (NT4)
Novell: CNE (4.11, 5.0)
Citrix: CCA (Metaframe 1.0)
Cisco: CCNA-Security (current)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back