Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Succession/Meridian & Dect handsets 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

nsw155

Programmer
Sep 15, 2003
US
Hi there,

We are running a Succession 1000 (CS1K) with (as part of the system) some DECT cards. Over the last few years, our suppliers have sent in DECT handsets of types C4010, 4020, 4030, 4040 and recently 4060 which are apparently the current model.

Now my supplier is telling me that the 4060 has been pulled due to a problem with them not registering reliably.

Has anyone got any suggestions for alternative DECT handsets that will work with the succession system?

Additionally if anyone knows of a model of handset that is rugged enough to survive factory use, that information would be very welcome indeed since I am forever having to replace handsets that are 'dropped'.

Many thanks for any help you can give.

Norman (tearing hair out)

p.s. I'm in the U.K.

The Dect is a defined standard, meaning you could use a siemens handset if you like, but it will not be fully integrated. I've installed several handsets to our customers that's not a Nortel verified handset and it's working fine, if your only goal is to ring to and from the handset. I can not btw suggest a handset that will survive factory use, but I would have tried to check out other types of handset from other vendors to see if they have a "factory/industriel" handset. Keep in you mind that this is in Nortels eyes not supported...

i2007

somewhere in the near future nortel will only support software that hasn't been shipped to the field. great tech support, unless you have something actually broke

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

there is a new rugged handset wich was released this month.
its called C4065R and it is not bad at all.

Thanks for the info peoples. Sennback, I'll take a look at the new ones as soon as I can find someone who has got them that we deal with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back