Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Successful Installed of CE 10 on 2K3 server w/ IIS 6?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seabz420

IS-IT--Management
Jul 14, 2003
CA
Has anyone successfully installed CE 10 on a server with IIS 6? The two tips I've recieved (yet to try) are:

1 - run IIS 6 in IIS 5 isolation mode. (yet to try this as not sure the implications on our other sites)

2 - activate ISAPI filtering for .csp, .cwr, and .cri. (I'd like to try this but can't find any documentation on such a task in relation to CE!)

Has anyone had any luck with these? I'm rather surprised by the non-existance of any documentation in getting this to work!

Hmmm... switching to 10 was their suggestion to get past IIS 6 not working for 9... glad I managed to get it working

Once I installed CE 10, I had to manually map the virtual directories in IIS (because they weren't created). Then when I try to start the Admin Launchpad, I have to changed the URL to localhost in order for it to work. That is the first problem I'm trying to solve. Once I get this working, I can go in and test the rest!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back