Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

subweb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Biffo28

Vendor
Nov 1, 2010
GB
Hi, I am having a lot of trouble with subwebs.

So far I have managed to set up a subweb to restrict access to a part of my site and my password setup works. I intend to build on this subweb and so far have only one page in it. This subweb was created from a folder that already had this page in it, I believe that this may have something to do with my problems.

Problem 1 - This page has a header and footer as determined by header and footer template in an "includes" folder. When online and accessing my subweb page, the password works fine but the page appears without its header and footer just says - "[../includes/header.htm]" instead of the header (same for the footer). I tried copying the "includes" folder to the subweb but no luck with that.

Problem 2 - I created a new page in the subweb and found the same header/footer problem but also that this new page it didn't have password protection, does this mean that I have to recreate the subweb every time I add to, or modify its contents ----Really hope not.

Appreciate any advice I can get?
Cheers,

Grant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back