Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SUBTRACT FIELDS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elango1253

Programmer
May 16, 2007
IN
Hi all,
I have 8 rows in a column..The last(8th) row is TOTAL field(should be always 100)..What i want exactly is The 7th row should be
Total - Sum(of all other rows)

Could any one plz answer for this question..

Thanx in Advance

Elango.p

Using running totals, you should be able to accumulate the values of the first six 'rows' and be able to process those values in the 7th row. The basics of Crystal totals are explained at FAQ767-6524.

It depends what the 'rows' are. If it is a crosstab, then you can't do things like that in a crosstab. Try a 'Mock-Crosstab' - a SEARCH will give you details.

PS. It helps to give your Crystal version - 8, 8.5, 9, 10, 11 or whatever. Methods sometimes change between versions, and higher versions have extra options.

[yinyang] Madawc Williams (East Anglia, UK). Using Windows XP & Crystal 10 [yinyang]

I think you should provide some sample data and also show your expected results.

-LB

Well..This is my actual report.

Payor Percentage
------ -----------
Medicare 29.65%
Medidaid 23.03%
Blueshield 18.93%
Contracted 13.43%
Non-Contracted 7.26%
selfpay 6.48%
WC \ Other ???????
Total 100.00%

My Answer for Row WC\Other is 100 - Sum(29.65 + 23.03 +18.93 +13.43 + 7.26 + 6.48) = 1.22%

The answer should be display in ????? field..Right..

Plz..Give a solution for this problem

That helps, but what is currently appearing in the WC/Other row? Is this an actual row that appears on your report? Or is this simply a plug to make the 100% total?

Are the results shown at the detail level? If so, you could probably use a formula like this:

1-sum({table.pct})

Then format the results by clicking on the % icon.

-LB

Hi all,
I'm new to Crystal Report.I'm using CR10 & .net 2002.I need to draw a BarChart.In Y-Axis the Name which is in Database should come & in X-Axis Values shoud come also from the database...I tried this but i'm not getting any idea regarding this..Any one who knows this things plz explain..

Thanks in Advance..

Elango.P

You need to answer LB's questions:

Is this an actual row that appears on your report? Or is this simply a plug to make the 100% total?

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Macola, eSynergy, and Crystal Reports

"If the phone doesn't ring, it's me".....Jimmy Buffet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back