Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

subsription

Status
Not open for further replies.

mark38

Technical User
Feb 1, 2007
AU
I have norton installed and i have been doing recovery when my subsription runs out so i get another 3 mths being able to updates. its getting annoying. i just want to be able to reinstall norton fron disk but it still says subsription has expired. can anyone tell me which file holds the live update subscription info so i can delete it and norton can start fresh.????

Im not sure I understand - you bought a subscription and it has expired ? If that's the case, it's supposed to be annoying to try and cheat to get the updates - you need to renew your subscription.

If your subscription is still active and it's not working, you can try the Norton uninstall program (search their website for it) and then try reinstalling with your activation key, it should give you the remainder of your subscription.

What you are asking for is help to commit software piracy. Not cool! I've heard of a hack that will allow you free updates for a period of time, but don't bother with that. Do things the legal way. Get AVG Antivirus. It does a better job and the updates are free.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back