Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Subscriber Manager, Putty, Element Manager and questions for a newbie

Status
Not open for further replies.

hollandho

MIS
Jun 8, 2006
CA
Hello All: We have just converted our CS1000E to an Avaya Succession 7 (after a record 26 hours of overtime). I have lost my OTM and now use Putty. I have also lost our ability to update the Corporate Directory and I do not know what steps I need to take to get it back functioning again. Our Vendor is also learning all about Avaya products.
My first problem is getting a CSV file through Putty if I even need that anymore either.

Can someone guide me through the steps I need to get it all back running again right from the beginning as if this is a first time install.

Very much appreciated

Element Manager is in principle not very much different from your OTM. You still have to retrieve from the switch.

Go to support.avaya.com and look for the document:
NN43001-632_04.01_administration_Element_Manager

I dont know your "Putty" thing, sorry.

Oh - and if you go way back - I mean go from OTM to Element Manager, you might not be aware of this:

Unless you want to LDAP to another database you do not need Corporate Directory in order to get display names on your phonesets. Names are programmed directly together with the Directory Number on Key 0. This is much easier. As soon as you MARP the DN, you can write First Name and Last Name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back